Cafetto Espresso Clean
When espresso starts to taste a bit different, the first place for the barista to look is in the cleanliness of the machine. A dirty group head can compromise the quality of an otherwise great shot of coffee. Cafetto Espresso Clean can handle the clean-up without tainting the coffee's rich taste.
- A soluble and free-rinsing formulation that removes coffee oils, grounds and stains.
- Non-corrosive does not damage the espresso machine.
- Improves flavor and aroma of espresso.
- Leaves no trace of odor.
- A measuring scoop is included in the jars for accurate dosing.
- NSF tested and certified to protocol 152, ensuring its safety and effectiveness.
How to Use
- Remove coffee filter from group handle, replacing it with the "blind" filter
- For daily cleaning, pour 1 level scoop of Espresso Machine Cleaner into the group handle. Then insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 scoops.
- Start the cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve the cleaner completely. Stop the cycle, allowing the machine to sit for 10 seconds.
- Start and stop cycle 4 more times, running for 10 seconds and stopping for 10 seconds.
- Remove the group handle and rinse well under a stream of water from the delivery group. Turn off.
- Re-insert the handle with the blind filter to begin to rinse process. Start and stop cycle 10 times, running for 5 seconds and stopping for 2 seconds. Remove the blind filter and insert a regular brewing filter.
- Brew and discard a single espresso shot to re-season the machine.
For daily cleaning of filters and group handles
Soak group handles and filters in 17.6oz / 500ml of hot water with 2 scoops of Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.